Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Baby Turns 3!














On Sunday, November 16 my baby girl Kathryn turned 3 years old. I can't believe that she is already 3! The years seem to always go by much faster than I desire. For me this birthday was a little hard. It seems that once your little one goes from being 2 to 3, they go from the baby stage to the "I'm an independent little person" stage. This means that the baby years are now over for the Miller family. Which makes me sad. Most of you know that due to the radiation I had last year, my ovaries were damaged, and I am now in early menopause. I had always hoped to have another baby. Kathryn was never intentionally planned to be the baby of the family. But, the Lord has greater plans than mine. For some reason, He decided that Kathryn was to be our last biological child. Unless we adopt, she will always be the baby. I am so grateful for her. Even with her independent and stubborn personality, I absolutely adore her. I love it when she runs across the room with her arms wide spread for me to catch her in a big bear hug. I love it when she likes to tease by wiping our kisses off her face and giggling the whole time. I love it when she needs her "diddy" (a.k.a. her blanket- I have know idea where she came up with the name).










We had a combined birthday party for her in Houston with some of my neices and nephews who also recently had birthdays a few weeks ago. Then on her actual birthday we had another party for her at our home. Kathryn loves Dora right now, so most everything she got for her birthday was Dora. She also got a princess castle sleeping bag that she fell asleep in after her family birthday party that we had for her. We had all our family that lives in town and our good friends, The Gordons (who we have adopted into our family) over for a hotdog/ hamburger feast after church. Kathryn was wiped out after the long day. Happy Birthday, little baby! We love you!!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aww...you make me sad. I, too love Kathryn and am sad to see her become "big". The first tme she called me Becca,I said, "No! It's Duh-Duh!!" Although I know your family went through alot this last year, I would never trade MY personal experiences with you all for the world. And Kathryn is one of those reasons. I loved getting her out of her bed in the morning and playing hide and seak with her and the run and jump into my arms game. After I started working, and my time has become limited with ya'll, it made me sad to have my "special" Kathryn relationship dwindle. But, I also rejoice and am so so so happy she can have her Mommy instead!! I guess, maybe Kathryn and I can always have a special bond. Babies together forever!! Happy Birthday Kathryn! Love, Rebecca

Misty said...

Kristin-I haven't clicked on your blog in a while. I am so glad I did tonight.
It is good to see your face and your family is beautiful.
Happy Birthday to you and Kathryn!
Love Ya!

Angie said...

I'm happy we were able to spend kathryn's birthday with her and your family. She has gotten big,(I can even understand MOST everything she says), BUT she will always be your baby. I'm sorry your heart aches for another baby, and you aren't able to have one. Keep smiling!
I'm feeling a bit sad that me baby is growing way too fast as well. Why do these times have to go by so fast?

Jalinda said...

Happy Birthday, Kathryn! I can't believe she is so big. So fun to see new pictures. I've been thinking about you this week. Hope everything went OK.

Stephanie said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 3. Carson turns 3 in January and Cory gave my the "its time you let him grow up and put him in a big boy bed" speech. I wanted to cry...okay I did cry. Well good luck with a 3 year old. 3 was our terrible 2 year for Reese. Glad she is 4 now :o) I hear ya about wanting another one but someone else has a different plan. I dont' want Davis to be my last but wondering what the heck to do. Cute pictures and Happy bday to Kathryn,

Matt Harrell said...

Hey Kristen, this is Matt Harrell. I haven't seen you since High School. I have kept up a little from other people about you. I heard you were having some dificulties. How are you doing? You have a beautiful family but I'm sure you knew that. I would like to catch up with you. My e-mail is mharrellbama@yahoo.com if you would, please send me an e-mail and catch me up.

Diane said...

Kristen you have got the cutest family ever. You look great. I think of you often and if you ever get to Dallas I hope you'll look Gary and I up.

Steuer Family News said...

It's been so long! How are you guys? Your family is gorgeous!