Monday, August 20, 2007

Good News!!

After 1 colonoscopy, 2 MRIs, 1 CT scan, 1 PET-CT scan, 3 physical exams, 2 rectal exams, and 10 LONG days, I finally received some good news today. The oncologist called and said that the results of the PET-CT scan show that my cancer has not spread afterall. The cancer is limited to the rectal area. The other spots are benign tumors!! I will start the oral dosage of chemo tomorrow. I have my appt. with a radiation oncologist on Wednesday to get radiation started.

I know without a doubt that the Lord extended His hand in this. It is because of all the love and faith of everyone that I know ( and all of your friends and family as well)! All the prayers, the fasts, the faith of so many people calling out to the Lord on my behalf. People of all faiths- Baptist, Catholic, Mormon, Church of Christ, Methodist (even the Vietnamese nail technicians) said they would pray for me. There have even been some who said that they didn't know how to pray but that they said a prayer in my behalf. I will never doubt again rather I am a well liked person ( or maybe it is just my family that everyone likes)! I am overwhelmed by the emails, phone calls, flowers, meals, cookies, gifts, cards,etc. that I receive on a daily basis. It will take me a long time to get all my "thankyou" notes out. Please know that I can never express my gratitude for the kindness and genuine concern that I have been shown.

I still have alot of chemo and radiation treatment to go, then a surgical procedure. But the Dr. said that last week I was TREATABLE, now with the results showing that the cancer has not spread, I am CUREABLE!!

I will keep everyone posted as to how the chemo and radiation treatments are going. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Pray that I can have minimal side effects, and that the treatment will be effective. Pray that I will have the strength and energy I need to take care of my children so they can see that I am still actively involved in their busy little lives. Pray that we can afford all these expensive treatments. And give thanks each day for the day that you have, for the people around you that you love, and for the knowledge we each share that there is a Heavenly Father who knows and understands us better than we think. We are so blessed to have a Father that we can pray to about our concerns, fears, worries, problems, questions.

Good bye for now. I will send an update soon.

14 comments:

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Oh! We are so happy to hear the good news! Best of luck to you with your treatments! You are in our thoughts and prayers!--Rachel

Barlow Fam said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Still praying, and very excited for some good news. We love you so much.

schraer family said...

Words cannot express the joy we feel ... HALLELUJAH!!! Heavenly Father does hear our prayers and we are not alone. You are loved by so many people. We pray that each passing stage of treatment will bring more hope and good news. We love you!

Stephanie said...

Yeah!! I know without a doubt that you'll be able to go through treatment and still take care of your kids!! Nothing stops you!!! We continue to pray for you and Jared and your family. We love you guys so much and are so happy for your good, I mean, GREAT news!!!! Big hugs to all!

SusieF said...

Waaaaaaahooooooo!!! The first of many miracles to come!
Love,
Susie

Rondi said...

We are so excited to hear your great news. Heavenly Father isn't finished with you yet Kristin. You have a great work to do. You are an example to others of your great faith. The prayers will keep coming for you to have the strength to endure the treatments. It does not surprise me at all that you want to be well enough to take care of your children. You are a great mom and I am sure a great wife also. We love you.
Rondi

Emmie-Lew said...

Yeee-Hawwww! I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news, Kristin! Yeay, yeay! I'm thinking/praying about and for you constantly. You are such a great example for all of us! Love you- Em

Angie said...

Great news. So happy that you have been some good news through this difficult time. You will still be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep smiling and know YOU are not only liked by many, but LOVED!!!

Emily Sue Speed Erickson said...

I LOVE how Heavenly Father answers our prayers!!! Keep up the faith and know that we are all praying for you and wishing you and your family the best in the months to come. Please let me know if I can do anything for you!

Love--Emily (Speed) Erickson

AliJo said...

Words can't express the joy!!!! Our family fasted this whole day for you--even Emma and Tessa made it a whole day for the first time in their lives! We wanted to express our faith that Heavenly Father could cure you. Even Bishop Gilmer asked us to ask for your family to be strengthened and blessed and fast that you would be cured--He knew too! Hosanna!
Love you, Alice

Dru said...

What great news! I can tell you that miracles still happen here on earth all the time--just think of Logan when you need an example of miracles and strength to carry out your mission.
You have always been strong and good. I know you have a hard road ahead of you, but you are prepared for it because of the way you have always conducted your life. You will get your miracle!
We'll keep praying~and if you ever need anything, you know who to call.
We love you!

Casey's Boys:) said...

Alright!!! The best way to make you feel good about chemo/radiation/surgery is to make you think you are treatable...then when they tell you that you are curable, it is like BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!

cherylc said...

I am so happy to hear your good news!!!!! I am a friend of Alice Johnson's from Connecticut and she called me over the weekend and asked me to pray for you. It is wonderful to hear how positive you are. Faith is a tremendous tool. I will keep you in my prayers and I sincerely wish for you the best possible treatment and all the strength you need to get through it. Your children will see your determination to be cured and will find comfort and reassurance in that. God Bless you & your family,
--Cheryl

mombarry said...

So very greatful for your extremely good news. May your spirits be high and your answered prayers continue. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.