Thursday, August 23, 2007

I got tattooed!!

OK. So today I went to the radiation therapist to have my simulation done to prepare me for my radiation treatments. First, I got to drink 40 oz. of barium sulfate (berrie smoothie flavor-yum!!) which gives you terrible diarrhea. Nice! Then I got to go put on a gown and be strapped to a table with a block between my feet so that my body could stay in alignment. Then marks were drawn on my body in 3 different places with a sharpie marker. Next, I was scanned thru a large machine that sent images to the radiation oncologist so that he can figure the appropriate measurements for putting the radiation plan in place. I will spare you the embarrassing details of it all. After being scanned, the technician then put three drops of ink on my skin and poked me with a needle to make the tiny tattoos. They are seriously so small that I wonder if they will actually be able to see them each time when I go in for treatment. My treatments will begin next week. 5 times per week for 5-6 weeks.

The highlight of my day was getting to attend Kindergarten orientation and Meet the Teacher Night with my 2 oldest kids. I can't believe school is starting.

3 full days of oral chemo treatments and everything is A-OK!! Keep those prayers going!

12 comments:

OwenEveryone said...

it was great seeing you at school last night! You looked beautiful as always.

The Owen Family

Barlow Fam said...

WOW! You're going to be a busy woman. Good thing you have such great friends who want to help you do WHATEVER you need! We're still praying, I love to hear the kids say, "Bless Miss Kristin." I don't know, there's something special about their sweet spirits.

Love you!

Casey's Boys:) said...

I am glad to hear the tats are for treatment and not a MID-Life-Crisis! Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us!

We love ya bunches!

Emmie-Lew said...

I love, love, love your awesome spirit and sense of humor through all of this! You are amazing! The prayers are still comin' from our house! Love you- Em

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, just had to tell you that Brooklyn just blessed "Miss Christmas." I loved it.

SusieF said...

I am amazed at the number of people praying for you. I know I had my sister put your name on the Dallas Temple rolls and I can only imagine the family and friends across the country that did the same....then to see friends of friends and family writing and saying they are praying for you. I'm sure the angels in heaven all know your name by now. You're in great hands!
Love
Susie

Stephanie said...

So I just can't even imagine you laying on a table like that! Its amazing how "medicine" works. I'm SO glad to hear that everything is going good with the oral chemo. I can't even believe that Holden is going to Kinder. Time flies. I just came across a christmas pic of Lauren and Holden. Lauren was 3 and Holden was 18 months. Carson reminds me a lot of Holden...I think its those melt your heart eyes!! Sorry for the long post. Love ya.

Angie said...

I'm happy the tattooing went well, and you are in such good spirits. You are still in our thoughts and prayers and are here if you need anything, SERIOUSLY!! Call us if you need help with the kids, a ride to an appointment or whatever. Keep Smiling!

AliJo said...

So glad to hear everything is moving full steam ahead! Where do you have to go to get the treatments (5x a week!!!)? I would love to have a turn to take you if that is possible. Let me know.

Alice

Dru said...

Kristin!
You've gone from being one of my Mia Maids from so long ago to having TATTOOS! Life is so unpredictable...
Hopefully, your weeks of treatment will be over before you know it. You take care--I love ya!
Dru

Rondi said...

Thank goodness for good tattoos, right? I know you are going through alot right now but what an amazing support group you have. It doesn't surprise me at all with your kind and joyful spirit. Keep that spirit with you at all times and you will make it through this. You are on the Houston Texas Temple prayer roll, too and I will keep it on there for you until you are healed. The Petersens love you.

tango-baby said...

You are in my heart and in every single one of my prayers little lady! Im sending you a big tight squeeze right now. PLEASE don't hesitate to call me for anything. I will drop it all and come running but I might squeeze you again if I see you!!!!!

xoxo,
Maria