Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grandma Lois turns 96!

Me, my sisters and one sister-in-law
at Grandma's party.

Grandma Lois on her 96th Birthday!












On April 15 my Dad's mom turned 96! We traveled to her hometown for a large family birthday party for her. She is a funny lady who told me that she loves every day of her life. She lives in an assisted living facility (much like a nice hotel). Her Dr. told her a few weeks ago that he had never seen a woman her age with such a healthy heart. My grandpa passed away 11 years ago, so she has been on her own ever since. He was the kind of man that took care of everything- shopping for groceries, the bills, the yard, vaccuuming, working, etc. Maybe that is why she has lived so long. She hasn't had the same chaos that a lot of moms today have. And chaos often means stress. I hope that I can look and feel as good as she does when I am older.

5 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, I want to be her too, but doesn't that mean we have to stop doing all the Mom things that we do every day? Hmm, wonder how I could do that. : )

Stephanie said...

Could you and your sisters be any cuter!! I want to know all the secrets!! Go Grandma!

Lisa Dean said...

You girls look so beautiful, I really miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Is that Rebecca on the left? I can't believe that! I swear we were playing with her as a baby just yesterday! It looks like you are doing better! You have been in our prayers!! We are moving to San Antonio in a couple of months so maybe we'll see you guys!

Unknown said...

I'm so envious your grandma is still well at 96! Enjoy her all you can:) I miss mine so much.