Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lauren and Holden's 1st day of school- Aug.2007





Well, the school year is almost over. I can't believe it! I wanted to add some pictures of the kids on their first day of school. I am just now posting this because I was in no frame of mind when school started this year. I had been diagnosed with my cancer one week before, so things were really crazy. This has been a great school year for both Lauren and Holden. Holden's kindergarten teacher's name is Mrs. Carpenter. Lauren has two 3rd grade teachers- Mrs. Oster and Mrs. Estrada. Both Lauren and Holden are in the dual language program at school. They learn most of their curriculum thruout the day in Spanish. It is amazing to me that they can understand and read Spanish so well. Their teachers are awesome! When I was in the hospital in November, one of Lauren's teachers called the house and studied with her on the phone for her Science test. How often does that happen? Then her teachers had their class write me get well cards. I received 33 beautiful cards. Her teachers also came to our house to bring me gifts after my surgery. I feel very fortunate that my kids have such caring and amazing teachers!

No comments: